|Aquatics & Sports Manager|
|Facility:||Genesis Lifestyle and Fitness Center|
|Department:||Genesis Lifestyle & Fitness Center|
Contact: Human Resources
Responsible for the professional operation of aquatic area within Muskingum Recreation Center (MRC) from programming and customer service to community outreach and purchases. The Aquatic Manager introduces all aspects of aquatics to the new and current members as well as outside contacts such as schools and the general public. Promotes healthy lifestyles, wellness, fitness and aquatics throughout the community through education, events and example.
1. Oversees all pool operations and the enforcement of safety rules and regulations.
2. Manages aquatic staff, reviews progress and directs change as needed. Selects, trains and motivates assigned staff, including lifeguards, instructors, seasonal employees, maintenance staff and volunteers.
3. Inspects equipment daily to ensure functionally. Per Director approval, orders parts for exercise-related equipment and makes every effort to have any out of order equipment running within 24 hours
4. Monitors and maintains pool filtration system, pool water chemistry. Adjusts as needed to maintain standards.
5. Provides instruction, guidance, and motivation to members, staff, program participants and external contacts.
6. Work with Director and other staff to develop, initiate and evaluate aquatic programming.Plans, develops and implements aquatic programs and coordinates staff in the implantation of the programs
7. Supports and schedules MRC events and promotions internally and externally.
8. Assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities and time. Monitors revenues and expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal control. Prepares annual budget requests.
9. Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans. Gathers, interprets and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations
10. Schedules various aquatic competitions throughout the year. Approves scheduling and ensures proper oversight of all aquatic activities.
11. Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget and performs cost control activities
12. Maintains current certifications in aquatics as noted below and are necessary to effectively fulfill position requirements.
13. Provides articles and information for newsletter, monthly calendar of events, MRC publications, and local media advertisement.
14. Performs a variety of miscellaneous duties such ad answering phone, running errands, picking up supplies needed for activities, conducting classes, collecting fees, making arrangements for use of pool, helping set up for classes, events, etc.
15. Presents positive, pleasant, professional behavior in terms of attitude, conduct, attire, appearance, cooperation, communication, attendance, initiative and responsibility to every member, guest and employee of the MRC.
16. All other duties as specified by Executive Director.
1. Undergraduate degree in Recreation, Physical Education or related field.
2. Minimum of four years of experience in management, operation and maintenance of aquatic facilities.
3. CPR/AED/First Aid certification required.
4. Must have current Water Safety/Lifeguard Instructor/Trainer certification or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
5. Must be a Certified Pool Operator or ability to obtain within three (3) months of employment.
6. Advanced skills in teaching, public speaking, motivating, and coaching.
7. Knowledge of filtration, chemical injection systems and pool chemistry.
8. Knowledge of United States Swimming and Diving rules and regulations.
9. Knowledge of the equipment, facilities, operations and techniques used in a comprehensive aquatic recreation program.
10. Ability to develop, coordinate, direct, plan and supervise recreation program.
11. Good credit rating, people-and service-oriented, lifestyle conducive to the goals and missions of the organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
1. Lifestyle conducive to the goals of physical fitness and health promotion programs to serve as a role model for a positive and healthy lifestyle.
2. Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, stoop, squat and walk for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to lift or move items weighing 25 lbs.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.