|RN - Emergency Services|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Emergency Services - Good Sam Campus|
|Hours:||48 bi-weekly / 3pm-3:30am|
Contact: Human Resources
Plans, provides and/or supervises the nursing care of patients in an efficient and caring manner. Coordinates care planning with other caregivers and with other areas, adheres to universal precautions, and is compliant with infection control policies. Works independently with minimal supervision.
1. Provides compassionate, quality patient care in accordance with physician orders in a warm and friendly manner.
2. Takes and records measurements or readings.
3. Assesses condition and provides treatment for care of patient.
4. Administers prescribed medications.
5. Provides leadership while working collaboratively with other care givers on the unit.
6. Willingly floats between campuses.
7. Demonstrates knowledge, skills and ability related to patient care and normal procedures in the Emergency Department within own scope of practice as demonstrated in completion of annual competencies.
1. BSN or Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and current Ohio RN License. Candidate can be considered for the position if they are actively enrolled in an accredited, approved bachelor’s program or BSN program and can complete the remaining course work within one (1) year from date of hire.
2. CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
3. One year experience in acute care setting.
4. Ability to read, write and explain or describe moderately complex information to other hospital staff.
5. Attention to detail.
6. Ability to communicate well in an oral and written manner, as well as the ability to observe, assess, guide, and evaluate others.
7. Ability to read, calculate and prepare medication, as well as the ability to observe and analyze any resulting reactions and to apply clinical knowledge.
8. Ability to collect data, interpret findings, set priorities and carry out established plan.
9. Demonstrates competence in age-specific patient care as necessary.
10. PALS certification within 6 – 12 months of hire date, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.
11. TNCC certification within 6 – 12 months of hire date, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.
12. ACLS certification within 6 – 12 months of hire date, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.
13. BCRA certification within 6 – 12 months of hire date, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.
14. ENPC certification within 6 – 12 months of hire date, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with the hands and arms, and taste or smell.
2. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
3. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.