|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Food & Nutrition Services - Bethesda Campus|
Prepare food in accordance with production sheets, recipes and menus for patients, customers and special functions while maintaining a sanitary and orderly work area.
1. Prepares food for Cafeteria/Patients/Caterings using standardized recipes.
2. Follows safe practices of food receiving, preparation, cooking and storing.
3. Works the patient tray line when needed.
4. Follows and encourages safe work practices.
5. Assists in other areas when needed (dish room, cafeteria, etc.)
6. Maintains privacy and confidentiality at all times
7. Participates in mandatory in-service meetings (e.g. TB testing, safety, HIPAA)
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Previous food service cooking experience required.
3. Ability to read, write and have good math skills.
4. Must demonstrate patience, good judgment, imagination, initiative.
5. Must be able to solve problems, concentrate and analyze situations.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with the hands and arms and taste or smell.
2. Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and move the neck.
3. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.