|Lab Tech Support Assistant|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Laboratory - Phlebotomy|
Performs a range of laboratory duties, which includes phlebotomy, specimen handling, telecommunication, and some clerical duties.
1. May perform phlebotomy. Able to demonstrate proper collection techniques in accordance with the laboratory collection services policy and procedure manual.
2. Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate computer ordering codes.
3. Process specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to individual test requirements.
4. Maintains proficient telecommunication operations, which includes a wireless remote communication system.
5. Maintains proficiency in record management including specimen chain of custody, patient release of information forms, consent forms, and filing reference lab reports.
6. Stays in compliance with all regulatory agencies including CAP, HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
7. Provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
8. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
9. Performs other functions as assigned.
1. High School Degree.
2. Completed an accredited phlebotomy program.
3. Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
4. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrates excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an environment that requires special blood and body fluid safety requirements.
2. Employee may be required to travel to multiple locations including out patient draw centers and nursing homes.
3. Employee must be able to answer telephone calls, respond to and initiate pages through a wireless communication system, use personal computers and other business machines, all which require the ability to apply finger dexterity.
4. Individual must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time along with the ability to bend, stoop, and kneel.
5. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
6. Vision abilities required include up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
7. May be required to periodically rotate shifts and regular days off. All system employees must be willing to work all shifts, extra hours, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.