|Category:||Allied Health Professional|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Hours:||80 bi-weekly (OP & IP coverage with weekend rotation)|
Responsible for evaluating, planning, and treatment for patients referred to the service. Provides group and/or individual treatment to patients with a variety of diagnoses and presenting symptoms.
1. Collects/interprets diagnostic data and its clinical relevance when making assessments, while considering current presentation and past medical/clinical history.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in performing patient assessment, development of treatment plans, and patient specific goals.
3. Supervises and directs patient treatment activities of Assistants appropriately per departmental operations.
4. Initiates patient care activities in reasonable/timely manner and strictly adheres to department guidelines regarding a patient’s treatment schedule.
5. Completes documentation that is accurate, complete, timely, legible, and consistent with department documentation policies and regulatory agencies.
6. Ensures patient charges are accurately captured and submitted within 24 hours of treatment.
7. Completes program specialist competency/checklist of expectations, as appropriate to current position. (In-Patient and Work Hardening only). Completes annual competencies as appropriate to position including age specific competencies.
8. Demonstrates willingness and competency to be cross-trained as appropriate to credentials, licensure, and scope of practice and department need.
9. Assists with orientation of new staff and/or students.
10. Performs other functions as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy required.
2. Current Ohio PT license.
3. Attention to detail.
4. Ability to assess situational needs and problem solve.
5. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Minimum of one clinical rotation in a Rehabilitation Services setting (e.g., Acute Rehab, SNF, Acute Medical, Outpatient, Home Health, and/or Behavioral Health).
7. Valid drivers license and proof of auto liability insurance (HomeCare).
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Ability to lift, move, ambulate, or maneuver patients (minimum of 50 lbs) to administer therapy is required.
2. Ability to observe, hear, analyze, and interpret patient responses to evaluate progress is required.
3. Ability to read, write, and explain moderately complex information to other hospital/HomeCare staff.
4. Ability to deal with aggressive patients both physically and verbally (HomeCare requirement)
5. May be required to periodically rotate shifts and regular days off. All system employees must be willing to work all shifts, extra hours, holidays, and emergency shifts as required.
6. Employee may be required to travel to other floors, hospital locations, campuses, and/or to drive to other locations.
7. Must walk on uneven terrain; drive automobile and travel to multiple sites. (HomeCare Requirement)
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.