|Patient Experience & Service Improvement Manager|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Hours:||80 bi-weekly / 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.|
This position provides operational leadership by planning, directing and coordinating day-to-day departmental activities of the Service Advocacy Department and Access Center. This position serves as the lead patient experience consultant to hospital leadership and staff to assess patient/customer requirements, analyze and interpret data, develop and execute strategies to provide continuous improvements in the service excellence goals and objectives. Models behaviors congruent with Genesis Mission and Values and promotes consistent adherence to the values wihtin the organization.
1. Oversees data collection, aggregation, analysis and reporting of data as it relates to measuring customer service and satisfaction improvement efforts.
2. Supports the consumer research and patient satisfaction process and analyzes data and makes recommendations. Understands the use of qualitative and quantitative analysis and other techniques to translate data into relevant, useful information that drives change.
3. Coaches department leadership in analysis of performance data and develops comprehensive customer service improvement plans.
4. Answers questions regarding use of the Press Ganey website and survey process and trains managers in use of Press Ganey online services.
5. Recognizes complex service excellence issues that impact teams, units, departments and/or the organization. Implements innovative customized approaches and solutions by integrating and balancing information from the organization, professional judgment, and relevant research to determine the most appropriate alternative.
6. Works in collaboration with Quality Management to trend and track customer concerns. Reports findings quarterly to the Quality of Care committee.
7. Works with the director to coordinate and manage overarching organizational plans designed to create exceptional experiences for patients and family members.
8. In addition to the Press Ganey survey, uses focus groups, one-on-one interviews, pertinent documentation, observations, and other appropriate techniques for determining needs for achieving optimal service excellence
9. Stays abreast of trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate literature and attending seminars, training programs or related conferences.
1. Bachelor’s Degree, or must be actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s program that will be completed within one year (external candidate) or two years (internal candidate) of entering the role.
2. Minimum three (3) years experience in a leadership position.
3. Must possess the analytical skills necessary to analyze consumer research, evaluate patient satisfaction results, prepare and administer budgets, develop customer service strategies and evaluate the quality of services.
4. Prior experience working with quantitative and statistical concepts required.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
6. Must have demonstrated computer proficiency, specifically with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
7. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex working environment.
8. Demonstrated problem-solving skills to assess situations and quickly determine appropriate course of action.
9. Demonstrated business acumen and organizational skills to manage resources effectively.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office and meeting environment and in locations throughout the system.
2. May be required to work variable shifts to meet organizational demands.
3. Ability to sit, stand, stoop, push, pull, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
4. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
5. Vision abilities required include up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.