|Police Officer Coordinator|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Hours:||*Intradepartmental Only* 80 bi-weekly / 7am-7:30pm|
Contact: Human Resources
Responsible for the workflow, performance, staff development and overall supervision of the Public Safety Department, under the direction of the Manager. Works closely with the Manager regarding staffing and scheduling, provides for continuous quality improvement and supervision of the Public Safety Department staff. Also works in tandem with other departments/employees to work out problems and find solutions to patient, visitor and staff needs.
1. Helps determine staffing needs based on schedule and call demand.
2. Assist in educating and mentoring all new staff.
3. Willingly floats between campuses and other outlying Genesis buildings.
4. Delegates effectively by establishing clear expectation; maintains accountability with appropriate follow up mechanisms.
5. Patrols facilities and grounds to help prevent fire, theft and vandalism.
6. Makes arrest in collaboration with the Zanesville Police Department and the enforcement of the Ohio Revised Code.
7. Appears in court when necessary and acts as liaison with all outside law enforcement.
8. Documents all security incidents and assists with the restraint of combative patients. Ensures that other officers follow these same established procedures.
9. Handles patient valuable storage and return.
10. Delegates or conducts monthly fire extinguisher checks.
11. Delegates or conducts quarterly dire drills per schedule.
12. Will assist Manager with various employee issues, including completing annual performance reviews for the Police Officers.
13. Work with inpatient psychiatric unit for safety of patients, visitors and staff while following CMS, OSHA and other regulations.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Must be a commissioned Police Officer in the State of Ohio with current firearms qualification.
3. Three (3) years of police experience.
4. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and investigative skills.
5. Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
7. Must have problem solving skills the ability to work independently or as part of a team and under pressure in complex and changing working environment.
8. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license.
9. Basic computer skills and knowledge of computer software, including programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have the ability to stand, walk and run through all types of terrain for long periods of time.
2. Must be able to negotiate stairs, ladders and graveled roofs to perform routine patrols.
3. Heavy lifting up to 100 pounds is required to manipulate bodies onto carts for transporting to and from morgue.
4. Required stooping, kneeling, twisting, bending and reaching overhead while performing area searches.
5. Must be able to listen and hear machinery, whistles, screams and alarms while performing daily duties.
6. Required to read and write for shift-to-shift communication and legal documentation.
7. Occasionally required to physically detain and restrain patients if deemed necessary.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.