|Revenue Cycle Management Director|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
Responsible for managing and achieving determined objectives in the Revenue Cycle including the departments of Patient Accounting, Central Scheduling, Patient Access, Business Office, Medical Billing Assistance, Resource Counseling, and Health Information Management.
1. Assures Patient Accounting system is totally operational on a daily basis.
2. Assures the timely and accurate billing of patient accounts.
3. Maintains receivables and days outstanding in account receivables to industry averages.
4. Manages and maintains bad debt and charity write offs to industry standards.
5. Develops policies and procedures to assure productive processes in the revenue cycle.
6. Keeps staff informed of regulatory changes in the billing and collection process.
7. Ensures smooth operations in the HIM department and maintains acceptable levels of unbilled receivables.
8. Maintains cash flow based on established goals.
9. Resolves customer complaints in a professional and timely manner.
10. Monitors and maintains credit balances within established guidelines.
11. Identifies trends within the Revenue Cycle area and makes adjustments accordingly.
12. Provides required statistics and/or reports to CFO as required.
13. Works effectively with other departments to improve the overall revenue cycle results.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus education.
2. Minimum of five years experience as Director/Manager in Patient Accounting.
3. Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
4. Working knowledge of registration, hospital billing, collections, and HIM regulations.
5. General knowledge of Hospital computer system.
6. Working knowledge of personal computers and their applications.
7. Must possess a positive attitude and high professional standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office environment.
2. Travels to other floors and to centralized files. May be required to drive to other locations. Answers telephone calls, uses personal computer and other business machines extensively, which requires the ability to apply finger dexterity. Individual bends, reaches, pushes and pulls file drawers to file records and reports.
3. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Vision abilities required include up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
5. May be required to periodically rotate shifts and regular days off. All system employees must be willing to work all shifts, extra hours, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.