|Nutrition Care Aide|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Food & Nutrition Services - Good Sam Campus|
|Hours:||64 bi-weekly / Varied shift|
Responsible for efficient operation of Diet Office procedures. Assist patients with menu selection and delivers selected items. Properly prepares ordered nourishments and tube feedings. Efficiently organizes and produces items required for Meals on Wheels Program. Assist with the preparation and serving of patient food.
1. Complete menu selections with patients using MCR system.
2. Accurately pass trays to correct patients.
3. Expedite meal trays for adequacy.
4. Stock nursing units to approved pars.
5. Maintain Meals On Wheels trays.
6. Prepare snacks and tube feeding products for patients.
7. Maintains privacy and confidentiality at all times.
8. Participates in mandatory in-service meetings (e.g. TB testing, safety, HIPAA).
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Ability to read, write and explain basic information to patients and/or families.
3. Good written and verbal skills.
4. Good organizational skills.
5. Ability to learn food safety and sanitation practices.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds for short distances.
2. Ability to sit, stand, pull, push, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to accurately work with detailed information.
4. Ability to remember details.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.