|Area Practice Manager|
|Facility:||Genesis Medical Group|
|Department:||GMG - Cardiothoracic Surgery|
Under the direction of the Director of Physician Practice Management, this position has responsibility for working with all assigned Genesis Medical Group (GMG) physician office practices. Specifically, this position is responsible for assuring proper financial and operational oversight of the assigned offices. In addition, the incumbent will work toward effective relationship building with physicians, vendors and health system leadership as well as executing long-term strategies and initiatives as outlined by the Genesis Medical Group Director of Physician Practice Management. Models behaviors congruent with Genesis Mission and Values and promotes consistent adherence to the values wihtin the organization.
1. Oversees physician office issues including physician relations, resource management and patient satisfaction. Assists in providing direction and coaching of office managers to successfully achieve goals.
2. Works to ensure adequate space and equipment for effective patient care and conformance with efficient clinic service commitments.
3. Participates in the planning, preparation and monitoring of budgets for all practices.
4. Determines fiscal requirements and makes budgetary recommendations for assigned practices. Monitors, verifies and reconciles expenditures of budgeted funds. Assists with capital and operational budget preparation.
5. Maintains open communication with all levels of GMG administration, physicians and outside organizations to facilitate practice operations, accomplish directives and to facilitate problem resolution.
6. Monitors operational, quality and financial performance indicators. Develops and executes action plans to overcome deficiencies and establish best practices..
7. Ensures compliance with guidelines associated with all regulatory agencies (HFAP, JCAHO, OSHA, CLIA, Ohio Board of Medicine & Pharmacy and other relevant agencies).
8. Assesses new practice locations identified to join the group to determine extent of any operational needs that may exist in preparation for the transition of the practice into the Genesis Medical Group organization.
9. Manages the compilation and/or preparation of operational and financial reports and related analyses to identify progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or strategies.
10. Represents the GMG practices in meetings, conferences and maintenance activities within GMG and Genesis HealthCare System.
11. May assist with various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, vacation schedules, and the coordination of the training of new personnel.
1. Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration or other related area.
2. Minimum of 5 years of multi-location physician office management required.
3. Ability to solve complex problems and execute new initiatives as assigned including process improvement.
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
5. Thorough knowledge of practice management principles including physician billing/revenue cycle.
6. Sound organizational skills as well as the ability to delegate tasks efficiently, monitor progress, and meet deadlines.
7. Must possess superior written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
8. Proficient with PC and computer software such as Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Word.
9. Knowledge of JCAHO, HFAP and other regulatory compliance pertinent to the physician practice setting.
10. Strong ability to build relationships with physicians and other key stakeholders.
11. Ability to read and interpret financial reports and communicate information to physicians and assigned office managers.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. This position will require travel to each office throughout the week.
2. Ability to function efficiently in high stress situations.
3. Requires high dexterity to research, communicate and produce reports on a PC.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.