|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||5 West B - Med/Surg|
|Hours:||48 bi-weekly / 7p-7a|
Plans, provides and/or supervises the nursing care of patients in an efficient and caring manner. Coordinates care planning with other caregivers and with other areas, adheres to universal precautions, and is compliant with infection control policies. Works independently with minimal supervision.
1. Provides direct patient care in accordance with physician orders in a warm and friendly manner.
2. Takes and records measurements or readings.
3. Assesses condition and provides treatment for care of patient.
4. Administers prescribed medications.
5. Provides leadership while working collaboratively with other care givers on the unit.
1. BSN or Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and current Ohio RN License. Candidate can be considered for the position if they are actively enrolled in an accredited, approved bachelor’s program or BSN program and can complete the remaining course work within one (1) year from date of hire.
2. CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
3. ACLS, or completed within one (1) year of hire (Cardio Diagnostics)
4. Ability to read, write and explain or describe moderately complex information to other hospital staff.
5. Attention to detail.
6. Ability to communicate well in an oral and written manner, as well as the ability to observe, assess, guide, and evaluate others
7. Ability to read, calculate and prepare medication, as well as the ability to observe and analyze any resulting reactions
8. Ability to collect data, interpret findings, set priorities and carry out established plan
9. Demonstrates competence in age-specific patient care as documented by the attached checklist.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit, stand, stoop, push, pull, bend, and walk for extended periods of time
2. Ability to lift 50 pounds to waist level
3. Ability to communicate well in an oral and written manner, as well as the ability to observe, assess, guide, and evaluate others
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.