|Regional Practice Administrator|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Hours:||80 bi-weekly / Neurosciences & Pain Management practices|
Contact: Human Resources
This position is responsible for the financial and operational performance of all physicians and medical practices in the assigned geography, specialty or other defined region. Ensures implementation of Local System Operating Council (LSOC) and directs operating policies and initiatives within the assigned region. Functions as a member of each Practice Operations Council (POC) for assigned practices and assists in creating Site-Specific Action Plans (SSAP), budgets and tactics for assigned practices.
1. Oversees the operations and service delivery of all practice sites within the assigned region. Responsible for the success of each practice manager and practice location.
2. Assists each POC to ensure the success of each physician in the assigned practices.
3. Ensures that policies, procedures and initiatives adopted by the LSOC and POC are implemented in each assigned practice.
4. Directly supervises Practice Managers and is accountable for their success. Establishes clear accountabilities for each assigned practice manager and practice.
5. Reviews operational and financial performance at least monthly with each POC and practice manager in order to assist in the development of SSAP’s for each practice. Works with each POC and practice manager to ensure compliance with performance standards, and focuses on the identified success factors.
6. Participates with each POC in annual budget development for assigned practices and holds practice manager accountable for adherence to budget and other performance objectives.
7. Coordinates revenue cycle initiatives for implementation in all assigned practices. Reviews point-of-service collections on a weekly basis, and accounts receivable management at least monthly with practice manager.
8. Provides ongoing performance feedback to practice manager. Conducts annual performance evaluations for each practice manager with input from the relevant POC and support staff.
9. Counsels practice managers on disciplinary matters and obtains assistance from human resources as necessary for disciplinary actions and/or employee terminations.
10. Works with each POC to interview and hire practice managers as necessary.
11. Visits each assigned practice location weekly.
12. Maintains communication with leadership on a regular basis to review operational issues, performance targets as well as other projects defined by leadership. Keeps leadership informed of physicians or POC’s that are not performing or willing to function within the approved parameters of the practice.
1. Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business or related area required, or ten (10) years of related work experience.
2. Five (5) years operational management/leadership experience in a physician practice or other ambulatory care area.
3. Proven ability to formulate and carry out operational plans for a physician practice.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of physician practice financial administration and revenue cycle management for medical offices.
5. Knowledge of legal issues related to physician practices, including employment laws and fraud/abuse rules.
6. Knowledge of project planning and ability to coordinate various projects and activities concurrently.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and customer service skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works primarily in a physician office setting.
2. Will travel extensively to practices within the assigned region.
3. May be required to work or attend meetings early in the morning or evening.
4. Ability to work with detail and accuracy for prolonged periods. Will spend significant amount of time communicating with others by phone and in person.
5. Ability to utilize standard office equipment.
6. Ability to do some light lifting, stooping, and bending.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.