|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
Contact: Human Resources
Protects life and property of all person on Genesis HealthCare System property. Must be knowledgeable of Genesis policy/procedures. Works in tandem with other departments/employees to work out problems and find solutions to patient, visitor and staff needs.
1. Patrols facilities and grounds to prevent fire, theft and vandalism.
2. Makes arrest in collaboration with the Zanesville Police Department and the enforcement of the Ohio Revised Code.
3. Appears in court when necessary.
4. Documents all security incidents and assists with the restraints of combative patients.
5. Handles patient valuable storage and return.
6. Conducts monthly fire extinguisher checks.
7. Conducts quarterly dire drills per schedule.
8. Work with inpatient psychiatric unit for safety of patients, visitors and staff while following CMS, OSHA and other regulations.
1. Must be a commissioned Police Officer in the State of Ohio with current firearms qualification.
2. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and investigative skills.
3. Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
5. Must have problem solving skills the ability to work independently or as part of a team and under pressure in complex and changing working environment.
6. High school graduate or equivalent.
7. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license.
8. Basic computer skills and knowledge of computer software, including programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have the ability to stand, walk and run through all types of terrain for long periods of time.
2. Must be able to negotiate stairs, ladders and graveled roofs to perform routine patrols.
3. Heavy lifting up to 100 pounds is required to manipulate bodies onto carts for transporting to and from morgue.
4. Required stooping, kneeling, twisting, bending and reaching overhead while performing area searches.
5. Must be able to listen and hear machinery, whistles, screams and alarms while performing daily duties.
6. Required to read and write for shift-to-shift communication and legal documentation.
7. Occasionally required to physically detain and restrain patients if deemed necessary.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.