|Lab Services Senior Tech|
|Category:||Allied Health Professional|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Laboratory - Pathology|
Contact: Human Resources
Will provide supervision for designated area of the laboratory, ensure regulatory requirements are met, and implement process change improvements that continue to enhance clinical excellence. Will be a positive influence, committed to improving the performance of the workgroup and the organization as a whole.
1. Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
2. Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and annually evaluate test menu for growth opportunity.
3. Scope of responsibility may include oversight of daily operations, direct management of quality control programs, employee competency assessments, implementation of new test platforms, assistance with capitol and operating budget.
4. In depth knowledge and understanding of CAP and CLIA regulatory requirements for clinical laboratory.
5. Maintains knowledge and assists the organization in complying with all regulatory agencies including HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
6. Maintain knowledge of employee performance review document.
7. May provide assistance to coordinate employee absence events.
8. Oversight management of projects assigned by manager or director.
9. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
10. Performs other functions as assigned.
1. Transfusion Service – Baccalaureate degree, MT(ASCP) or equivalent and fours years of experience (one of which is in transfusion medicine). Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology – Baccalaureate degree, MT(ASCP) or equivalent and two years of experience.
Pathology (HT-ASCP), Phlebotomy – Associates degree and two years of clinical laboratory experience.
2. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution, and investigative skills.
3. Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
4. Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
5. Ability to develop and encourage employee behaviors congruent with the Genesis mission statement.
6. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an environment that requires special blood and body fluid safety requirements.
2. Employee has requirements to travel throughout the department and to other floors. May be required to drive to other locations.
3. Employee must be able to answer telephone calls, use wireless remote communication system, use personal computers and other business machines, all which require the ability to apply finger dexterity.
4. Individual stands and walks for extended periods of times, bends, and reaches.
5. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
6. Vision abilities required include up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and color distinction.
7. May be required to periodically rotate shifts and regular days off. All system employees must be willing to work all shifts, extra hours, holidays, and emergency shifts as required.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.