|Senior Business Consultant - Clinical Integration|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Hours:||80 bi-weekly / 8am-4:30pm|
Contact: Human Resources
This position will focus on technical solutions to enable proactive patient engagement and care coordination outside of care facilities, including health care systems and providers who are implementing Clinical Integration (CI) and/or Accountable Care Organization (“ ACO”) models in collaboration with Genesis HealthCare System (Genesis) and the Ohio Integrated Care Partners organization. Will work in client settings to help integrate Crimson, and at times EPIC solutions with various hospital and clinical/practice based information systems. Will use knowledge of health information exchanges, Electronic Medical Records (EMR)s, and other health information systems to facilitate mapping designs that create high level integration solutions and designs.
1. Facilitates meetings with business stakeholders and IT architects from clients and third parties.
2. Performs gap analysis between a client's requirements and the functionality within Genesis applications.
3. Performs high-level integration design, including functional data entities to be shared and technical approaches for data exchange as well as other integration techniques.
4. Understands client functional requirements, provides functional decomposition, and works with application architects to map requirements to various applications.
5. Responsible for physician clinical integration metrics collection.
6. Collaborates with application architects to identify creative work-arounds to meet requirements without the development of custom code.
7. Continually identifies, assesses, and manages enhancements to the CI information technology and databases to support CI programs and development activities.
8. Understands the functional capabilities and limitations for out of the box functionality as well as custom code .
9. Designs and integrates business processes and data flows between Genesis applications and other applications, such as EMR, HIE and clinical data aggregation tools.
10. Works with IT architects to create complementary solutions, eliminating overlaps and gaps between various applications.
11. Leads client meetings or facilitated strategy sessions.
12. Speak knowledgeably and persuasively with senior customer technical leadership, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with senior business leaders by articulating and bridging technical-business gaps.
13. Uses knowledge to write clear and concise high level design documentation.
14. Manages transition to Genesis resources for detailed design and delivery.
15. Provide quality assurance activities at scheduled milestones after transition to development and testing.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or related experience.
2. Minimum five (5) years related work experience, including two (2) years experience in IT project management.
3. Two (2) experience working with clinical systems/EMR’s such as Allscripts, NextGen, EPIC, Cerner, or McKesson.
4. Prior experience with Health Information Exchange (HIE) such as Crimson, Oracle, Medicity, Covisint, Orion Health, Caradigm.
5. Must have prior experience with and knowledge of with healthcare industry data integration issues and technologies including security regulations with associated encryption technologies, and privacy regulations (HIPAA).
6. Experience with healthcare protocols and regulations such as Meaningful Use, the Affordable Care Act, and CMS Distributed Shared Savings Program.
7. Excellent analytical skills – problem solving, financial analyses, basic knowledge and understanding of statistics.
8. Excellent decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and analytical skills required.
9. Advanced data management abilities including manipulating data in Excel, Access and other database tools.
10. Pro-active problem-solver with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
11. Excellent interviewing, listening, facilitation and observational skills.
12. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office environment but may be required to travel to other departments/floors or travel to other locations.
2. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Vision aptitude required: up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
4. Answers phones, uses a personal computer, scanner, copier, and fax, which require finger dexterity.
5. May occasionally bend, reach, push, pull, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl.