|Facility:||Genesis Emergency Physicians LLC|
|Department:||Genesis ER Physicians|
|Hours:||72 bi-weekly / 10a-10p or 12p-12a|
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides comprehensive care to clients by formulating a plan based on assessment data gathered through patient history, physical examination and selected diagnostic procedures. The NP educates clients, families, and staff focusing on wellness, prevention and early intervention.
1. Works with the collaborating physician and department administration to meet needs of clients and the organization.
2. Maintains balance between outcome, cost and process.
3. Works closely with clients and families to provide education on wellness, prevention and early intervention.
4. Functions as clinician, collaborator, consultant, researcher, and educator to accomplish desired clinical outcomes.
5. Functions as a self directed professional using knowledge of nursing theory and advanced practice.
6. Comprehensive knowledge of physical assessment, diagnostic studies, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology and pharmacology.
7. Ability to interpret research findings and incorporate into practice.
1. Minimum five (5) years clinical experience including two (2) years in area relevant to certification.
2. Graduate of approved School of Nursing: Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio. Specialty certification required.
3. Valid certificate to prescribe in accordance with sections 4732.48-4723.483 of the Ohio Revised Code, Rules of Ohio Board of Nursing and in the Ohio Board of Nursing formulary.
4. Neonatal Certification, Nursery; Pediatric Certification, Children’s Clinic; Women’s Health Certification, Prenatal/GYN Clinic; Adult Certification; Family Practice Certification.
5. One year of experience in acute care setting.
6. Ability to communicate well in an oral and written manner, as well as the ability to observe, assess, guide, and evaluate others.
7. Ability to read, calculate and prepare medication, as well as the ability to observe and analyze any resulting reactions and apply clinical knowledge.
8. Ability to collect data, interpret findings, set priorities and carry out established plan.
9. Demonstrated competence in age-specific patient care.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit, stand, stoop, push, pull, bend, and walk for extended periods of time
2. Ability to lift 50 pounds to waist level
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.