|Physical Therapist Assistant|
|Category:||Allied Health Professional|
|Facility:||Genesis HC/Alternate Solutions|
|Department:||Genesis HomeCare/Alternate Solutions|
|Hours:||25 visits per week|
This position requires a Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in the State of
May provide a health statement signed by a physician and must show evidence of a current negative tuberculin skin test or x-ray. Thereafter an annual tuberculin skin test is required, unless the employee has documentation of a previous positive T.B. test. Employee must be free of physical/medical conditions which would limit or restrict their ability to perform the job functions listed below. Bloodborne exposure risk is all.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties as assigned)
1. Provides services as developed by the physical therapist care plan.
2. Assesses functional problems and provided intervention and, in conjunction with the physical therapist, works toward goals to improve patient functional status.
3. Performs physical therapy procedures and diagnostic test on patients for whom they have been medically prescribed.
4. Educates patient and family members on appropriate treatment procedures and supportive activities and safety measures.
5. Communicates effectively with physician, therapist, and coworkers. Participates in case conferencing promoting coordination of care.
6. Recommends prosthetic/orthotic devices for patients or evaluates their device and make minor adjustments or recommend modification.
7. Educates staff in carrying out specific physical therapy modalities when appropriate.
8. Fosters independence in patients and their families to prevent dependence on the agency. Performs therapy with knowledge of policies/guidelines. Discharges patients in appropriate time frame.
9. Participate in case conferences and meetings as needed.
10. The PTA will maintain 3 hours in-service training per calendar year and attend mandatory in-services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.