|Information Processing Associate|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Health Information Management (HIM) - Non Coders|
|Hours:||80 bi-weekly / 8a-4:30p with holiday & on-call rotation|
To provide Genesis HealthCare System, its physicians and care providers with accurate, high quality and cost effective information systems, services, and technologies that maximize patient care and improve patient outcomes, support the improvement of the overall health of the community and support the mission, vision, values and strategic business plans of Genesis HealthCare System, its affiliates and subsidiaries.
1. Ensures access to and confidentiality of patient information through retrieval and filing of records, processing reports and maintenance of the master patient index.
2. Follows up on records/reports not received in the department on a timely basis.
3. Retrieves working and permanent medical records from various areas.
4. Assists clients with access to information involving confidentiality by obtaining proper authorization for release of information, explaining the release of information process to the customer, according to department policy.
5. Receives and distributes records/information sent to Genesis HealthCare System from other healthcare facilities to the appropriate internal clients immediately upon request.
6. Responds to STAT requests for ER, nursing units, other departments and physician’s offices for information according to department procedures.
7. Assists in training of other staff in computer applications and department procedures.
8. Utilizes the on-line PTO database to submit vacations and to record personal time off, such as FMLA, absences and appointments.
9. Meets established productivity standards according to guidelines outlined in the specific HIM Policy for their corresponding job family.
10. Verifies patient identifiers to ensure correct filling of patient information.
1. High School graduate or equivalent required.
2. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, sound oral communication skills are needed to speak with poise, confidence and control to an extensive variety of customers.
3. Must possess good prioritization and organizational skills.
4. Excellent computer operations skills and working knowledge of office software products.
5. Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology.
7. Knowledge of state and federal laws regarding patient confidentiality.
8. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Requires full range of body motion including stretching, bending, stooping and climbing.
2. Requires the ability to walk long distances and the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
3. May require prolonged periods of sitting and concentration.
4. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
5. Requires voice, correct vision and hearing to normal ranges and the absence of color blindness
6. Requires the ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
7. Requires the ability to use office equipment such as a copier, telephone, computer and fax.
8. Potential for working under stressful environment with irregular hours.
9. Requires interaction with the public and solving complaints.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.