|IT Senior Clinical Consultant|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Information Technology - EPIC|
|Hours:||80 bi-weekly / 8am-5pm with on-call rotation|
Contact: Human Resources
Coordinates the efforts of corporate management in defining organizational goals and develops systems and procedures to achieve these goals. Works with clinical customers to identify needs, select and acquire systems and develop plans that will lead to more profitable, effective and efficient operations or systems solutions. Coordinates all facets of nursing and related clinical applications for Genesis information systems. Acts as a liaison between nursing, clinical departments, department directors, IS and the medical staff.
1. Plans and manages the day-to-day activities of team members including prioritization of work, coordination of resources, and meeting plans.
2. Ensures completion and high quality of deliverables assigned to the team including but not limited to, project plan, design documentation, build audits, testing plans and scripts, training curriculum and activation plans.
3. Supports the PMO with design documentation, build audits, testing plans and scripts, training curriculum and activation plan.
4. Ensures deliverables are approved by the appropriate users and are completed in accordance with the plan.
5. Coordinates Quality Assurance and reviews final product for identified functionality and completeness.
6. Manages identified issues by the project team and brings to resolution, escalates non-resolved issues to the Project Manager.
7. Reports completion of work plans for outstanding work, issues, and risks on a weekly basis to the Project Manager.
8. Ensure high quality of deliverables as identified through the DBV and in conjunction with the Project Quality Control Team. These include: Activities of one team do not adversely impact activities of another team, changes are combined when appropriate to avoid duplicate effort, thorough testing to minimize problems at go live, and quality deliverables are prepared.
9. Coordinates team activities with other project teams to integrate work and system design, build, testing, training, and go-live.
10. Ensures team decisions are made in a timely fashion.
11. Evaluates the business procedures and analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration.
12. Reviews regular status reports from team members and consolidates for Project Manager.
13. Develops and maintains documentation and procedures, provide training to other IT staff and user clients as appropriate.
14. Provides Epic product function, design, and build expertise (obtains certification) and experience needed for successful product implementation.
15. Supports all project team members with application and information systems knowledge. Primary resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, and activating the application database.
16. Develops and maintains models and documentation of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly.
17. Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents.
18. Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
19. Works with training team to develop application specific training curriculums and materials.
20. Provides expertise and experience to the development of activation plans, application activation tasks, and production environment readiness.
21. Logs, tracks, and resolves issues as well as any software code modifications or enhancements.
22. Logs, tracks, analyzes, and coordinates system changes including any software code implementations.
23. Effectively utilizes project tools, technologies and methodologies to provide clear and concise documentation/communication (i.e. project tracking, weekly reports, etc.).
24. Coordinates interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site.
25. Provides on-call support and troubleshooting via phone, remote dial-in or on-site if necessary.
26. Makes resourceful decisions, carefully weighing all alternatives and foreseeing the consequences before taking action.
27. Implements, maintains and follows established security measures and protocols.
28. Performs the necessary investigation and analysis to determine project feasibility.
29. Establishes, maintains and presents communication interdepartmentally with physicians, nursing practice council, clinical directors, IS and hospital staff.
30. Performs successfully in an acute nursing environment including working the required 2 shifts on a nursing unit inclusive of orientation and annual competency training and remains clinical competent passing all required competencies.
31. Develops and implements education programs related to the use of information systems.
32. Facilitates nursing informatics in order to met standards and hospital objectives.
33. Provides ongoing support for nursing systems.
34. Effectively and proactively manages all phases of system selection/implementation by coordinating resources and providing project management for the identification of needs, acquisition or design and implementation of new system solutions.
35. Advises clients on the implications of a request and/or provides an alternative solution that may better address request.
36. Provides business/technical representation to the enterprise including future directions, how that direction impacts the enterprise, and how current and future systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
37. Learns user functions, organization and roles in the enterprise to the extent required.
38. Utilizes and follows the project management methodologies and protocols established by IT.
39. Participates with vendors in the assessment of new systems and technologies that meet the requirements of the enterprise.
1. Requires current Ohio RN license and Bachelor’s degree in nursing, or obtained within 3 years of hire.
2. Three years of acute care nursing experience. Four years of related work experience in system administration, systems analysis/design and/or computer system project management or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
3. Extensive knowledge of nursing department operations and interdepartmental relations is required.
4. Knowledge and experience with accreditation standards.
5. Experience with large enterprise clinical system projects.
6. Experience supporting and maintaining large, complex clinical information system software.
7. Epic certification or Epic implementation experience.
8. Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
9. Excellent decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and analytical skills required.
10. Pro-active problem-solver with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
11. Must possess strong organizational and project management skills.
12. Possesses a working knowledge of mini-computers, client-server, personal computers and networks.
13. Possesses interpersonal and team leadership abilities.
14. Ability to work with cross-functional teams to accomplish overall project goals.
15. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office environment.
2. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Vision aptitude required: up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
4. Answers phones, uses a personal computer, scanner, copier, and fax, which require finger dexterity.
5. May occasionally bend, reach, push, pull, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl.
6. Employee may be required to travel to other departments/floors or travel to other locations.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.