It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Facility:||Grady Health System Main Campus|
|Department:||Family Birth Center|
|Status:||Regular - Full-time|
|Hours/Work Schedule:||7:00a - 7:30p|
High School / GED Required
SUMMARY (BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB)
1. Planning: The Ultrasonographer analyzes the assessment data in concert with the attending physicians to determine the diagnosis.
2. The Ultrasonographer collaborates with physicians and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding the patient's need for nursing care.
3. Implementation: Implements interventions.
4. Independently performs special ultrasound specialist procedures including middle cerebral artery dopplers and umbilical artery dopplers and nuchal translucency measurements. Uses supervision when indicated for new procedures. Guides others in performing ultrasound specialist procedures.
5. Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement. Suggest areas of care for evaluation, collects data and evaluates data to make changes in patient care.
6. Responsible for accession and maintenance of current clinical competence. Pursues planned educational experiences to meet professional goals. Keeps unit personnel record current.
7. Participates in regular staff meetings.
8. Resolves problems independently or coordinates activities for problem resolution.
9. Serves on committees.
10. Participates in the formal and informal education of house staff, nursing and other allied health professionals.
11. Participates in the orientation of new hires.
12. Participates in peer evaluations.
13. Performs other duties as requested.
High School diploma or equivalent. Graduate from an accredited school of Ultrasonography preferred. Current ARDMS Certification or eligible to sit for boards. Demonstrates ability to perform OB/GYN Ultrasonography including 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester scans and transvaginal scans. Self-motivated, independent practitioner with the ability to work within established guidelines. Demonstrated ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships and communication. Bilingual in English/Spanish (spoken, written) strongly preferred.