· The optometric technician provides quality customer service and supports GRHC's Kindness Campaign while performing necessary patient pre-testing, preliminary examination tests, and special testing to prepare the patient for examination by the optometrist.
· The optometric technician will conduct him/herself in a professional manner, demonstrating behaviors and accountability which supports the ideals of the Mission, Vision, and Values of the GRHC to every customer, both internal and external.
· The optometric technician actively supports Culturally Competent Care and Kindness Campaign by demonstrating the highest degree of, kindness, compassion and respect of culture during all interactions with patients, and their family members.
· The optometric technician will maintain clinical competencies and proficiencies as per standards of practice, and regulatory guidelines, all hospital policies, protocols and outcome standards.
· The optometric technician demonstrates professionalism in all interactions by projecting positive attitude to job, workplace and others and also promotes team work, respect, innovation and excellence
· Assists with performing JVN examinations after proper certification from JVN program if applicable.