ACLS Certification Required
Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) Certification Required
MA RN Required
PALS Certification Required
1 year of experience preferred
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The staff R.N., under the supervision of the Nurse Director or designee, is responsible for the nursing care of assigned patients, and/or to act as Charge Nurse/ Resource Nurse and to prescribe, delegate and coordinate the patient care administered by staff. Included in such responsibility is the goal of assisting patients to move as rapidly, uneventfully and safely through their hospitalization period.
- WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of one year of general medical-surgical experience is preferred.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduation and training from an accredited school of nursing with current license by the Massachusetts B.O.R.N.
- American Heart Association (AHA) B.L.S. certification for health care provider required upon hire or during orientation. (For Charge Nurse role, additional orientation and training is required.) Advanced Life Support skills within 6 months of hiring required; for RNs in designated areas as below, certification preferred.
- ACLS (AHA): Required for ICCU, ACU, PACU, OR and ECC staff. Preferred for M&S staff.
- PALS (AHA): Required for Pedi* (regular staffed employees only), PACU and ECC staff. *Preferred for per diem staff. NRP: Required for Maternity.
- CEN: Required for ECC once eligible (with consideration for years of experience in emergency medicine and process for successful completion of exam).