ACLS Certification Required
Basic Life Support Certification Required
MA RN Required
3-5 years experience required
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- Combined position of Clinical Care Coordinator and Staff RN.
- Dual Reporting: Weekend Clinical Coordinator will report to the VP of Nursing and Ancillary Operations. Staff ICU RN will report to the Manager of ER and Critical Care Services.
- Works every other weekend as The Clinical Coordinator (12 hour shifts Saturday& Sunday) along with working 24 hours as a staff RN in the ICU. This position requires a Registered Nurse who is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the nursing personnel in a manner reflective of the Hospitals philosophy and objectives. The staff R.N., under the supervision of the Nurse Director or designee, is responsible for the nursing care of assigned patients, and/or to act as Charge Nurse/ Resource Nurse and to prescribe, delegate and coordinate the patient care administered by staff. Included in such responsibility is the goal of assisting patients to move as rapidly, uneventfully and safely through their hospitalization period.
- S/he provides leadership, guidance and consultation to nursing personnel in all clinical areas to insure achievement of continuity of optimal nursing care and increased job satisfaction. S/he assumes administrative responsibilities for the general affairs of the Hospital in the absence of the Vice President P.C.S. & C.N.O (while working as the clinical coordinator).
- WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: At least three years in a management position (or equivalent experience) during which time s/he has demonstrated clinical competence and leadership and teaching ability.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; current licensure from the Massachusetts State Board of Registration in Nursing. Familiarity with organization and function of all departments; and with policy regulations and procedures of the hospital is required.
- -American Heart Association B.L.S. certification for health care provider required upon hire or during orientation.
- -American Heart Association A.C.L.S. certification for health care provider required.
- -Dr. Armstrong training required during orientation and every year thereafter. B.S.N. preferred.
- - Pharmacy in service required annually.