High School Diploma/GED Certificate
Medical Assistant Certification
1 year of experience preferred
APPLY AND JOIN OUR MEDICAL ASSISTANT TEAM TODAY!
Medical Assistant Opportunities at Harrington Physician Services:)
- Urgent Care- Charlton, MA (Part Time - 32 Hours)
- Urgent Care- Charlton, MA (Part Time - 36 Hours)
- Sturbridge Primary Care- Sturbridge (Full Time - 40 Hours)
Performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service. The Medical Assistant (MA) must work collaboratively with all clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a "can-do" attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the MA to serve as a point of contact with other internal and external departments, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions.
- Routine patient care activities
- Preparatory functions for patients and providers
- Routine duties that Medical Assistants are trained and certified to perform
- Responsible for rooming patients
- Recording vital signs
- Performing point-of-care testing and assisting providers with in office procedures
- Perform Administrative duties such as check in/out, copay collection, scheduling appointments and surgeries. Instructed families and patients with before and after surgery care.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of medical specialty
- Knowledge of patient care clinic office and clerical support procedures
- Healthcare experience preferred
- CPR certification required
- Basic computer knowledge
- EMR experience
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Diploma from an Accredited Medical Assistant Program, Medical Assistant Certification or order entry certification required.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HARRINGTON HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT HARRINGTONHOSPITAL.ORG