3-5 years experience required
Directs the hospital activities concerned with general business operations, accounting and statistical reporting; prepares detailed financial statements, budgets, cost and statistical reports and is responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial statements and reporting and review of departmental operating reports and budgets .
- Participates in the hospital's long and short term financial planning processes.
- Participates in the development and communication of departmental goals and policies.
- Directs and participates in the development of accounting, admission, credit/collection, internal control policies and systems, and addresses related policy/system issues.
- Coordinates and controls the Hospital's short-term cash and investment management activities in accordance with established financial policies and objectives.
- Directs the hospital's banks in executing cash management decisions and works with the appropriate investment managers in coordinating fund transfers and monitoring investment performance.
- Recommends appropriate actions and strategies to respond to projected economic trends and regulatory changes to facilitate the achievement of established financial objectives.
- Directs and participates in the development of accounting and internal control policies and systems.
- Provides advice and assistance to department heads and managers
- Is responsible for managing audits (financial, reimbursement, etc.) and regulatory reporting.
- Ability to work and think independently.
- Minimum of three years' experience in general accounting within the healthcare industry.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.