It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Facility:||Surgical Services (033)|
|Schedule:||PRN (8-24 hrs/every two weeks)|
Be a part of our award-winning team. We at Heartland want to make our service area the best and safest place in America to receive health care and live a healthy and productive life. At Heartland we believe our caregivers and medical staff are the key to our success.
As a valued caregiver:
The Anesthesia Technician-Certified is recognized as an allied health professional who is an integral member of the anesthesia patient care team, as stated by the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA). The technician performs duties under the supervision of a licensed anesthesia provider, and reports to the Team Leader- OR\SPD. The technician assists the licensed anesthesia provider in clinical settings such as: the surgical suite, obstetric suite, radiology, PACU, ICU, CATH LAB, MRI, and Emergency Room.
Skills of the Anesthesia Technician include:
· Maintain knowledge, set-up, and check and maintain anesthesia machines and monitoring equipment following manufacturer instructions.
· Dispose of contaminated materials or clean, disinfect or provide for sterilization of anesthesia instrumentation.
· Will possess a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology as they apply to anesthesia care.
· Differentiate between General, Regional, and Monitored Anesthesia Care, and provide appropriate assistance to Anesthesia provider in implementation of Anesthesia Plan of Care.
· Provide devices and assist with airway management, and assist and establishment of vascular access and monitoring.
· Complete quality controls monitors related to anesthesia equipment and instrumentation and maintain records as directed.
High school graduate or equivalent. Two years of experience as an anesthesia technician or completion of an approved anesthesia technician program of study or graduate of an accredited LPN
LPN IV Certification , EMT or EMT-P as applicable and\or certification of Anesthesia or Surgical Tech program. BLS required
Previous OR, Emergency Room, Pre-history and Critical Care experience preferred.
We offer a progressive work environment and a great atmosphere for career growth along with an excellent salary and an outstanding benefit package.