It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|LPN IV Clinic|
|Department:||Northwest Medical Center - Albany|
|Schedule:||Full-Time (60-80 hr/every two weeks)|
|Hours:||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
Be a part of our award-winning team. We at Heartland want to make our service area the best and safest place in America to receive health care and live a healthy and productive life. At Heartland we believe our caregivers and medical staff are the key to our success.
As a valued caregiver:
The LPN IV Clinic performs a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for ambulatory care clinic patients. Provides assistance to the physician(s) in the delivery of comprehensive medical services.
Skills of the LPN IV Clinic include:
1. Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards. Obtains and documents allergies, medications, procedures, immunizations, past medical history, family history, social history, chief complaint and vital signs.
2. Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
3. Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition to drugs and treatments to physician(s). Communicates follow-up instructions to patients as directed by physician.
4. Greets patients and prepares them for providers examination and treatment. Screens patients for appropriate information and instructs them in collections of samples for testing.
5. Arranges for patient referral testing at other facilities or specialty care.
6. Performs IV access with appropriate IV certification.
7. Responds to and refers incoming telephone inquiries from patients and other parties. Instructs patients and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
8. Formulates and updates patient care plans. Orders, prepares and inspects patients charts. Posts tests and exam results.
9. Stocks exam rooms and treatment areas. Communicates with Lead Nurse or Clinical Manager regarding need for supplies to be ordered.
10. Participate in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
11. Attends departmental meeting and participates in committees as requested.
12. Maintains patient confidentiality.
13. Documents all assessments, treatments, procedures and medications in medical record or electronic paper per standard.
14. Provides education to patients about their condition or medications. Does this in relationship to their learning needs assessment.
15. Complies with all Regulatory agencies, directives, standards and regulations.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Degree from an accredited school of practical nursing.
Licensed with IV Certification in State of Missouri or Kansas, depending upon designated work location. BLS certification required within 90 days from start date.
One (1) year in a physician office preferred.
We offer a progressive work environment and a great atmosphere for career growth along with an excellent salary and an outstanding benefit package.