The Courier is responsible for the safe, timely, and accurate delivery of US and interdepartmental mail, laboratory specimens, diagnostic reports, radiology films, supplies and other items as directed. Pick-ups and deliveries are made following the designated route(s) while complying with policies and procedures for the safe and appropriate handling of all items. Couriers are responsible for the general care and maintenance of all courier vehicles. Couriers will assist the Mailroom Clerk as needed. Couriers are expected to conduct themselves as a professional and courteous representative of Holland Community Hospital while carrying out these duties.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Registration/Certification or License Required:
Valid Michigan Driver''s License with no restrictions.
Familiarity with Holland / Zeeland area.
Management Experience (If applicable):
1. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
2. Ability to push or pull on a wheeled device up to 100 lbs.
3. Prolonged standing/walking up to 8 hours per day.
4. Prolonged sitting up to 8 hours per day.
5. Frequent bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling and reaching.
1. Ability to properly operate a motor vehicle at all times of the day while obeying traffic laws
2. Knowledge of Holland / Zeeland area
3. Maintain confidentiality/ integrity of items being handled
4. Ability to read, write and interpret written English words.
5. Ability to work independently.
Additional qualifications for this specific opening: This position works a Casual Call Status. Works as needed in the department - somewhere between 7:30 am and 9:30 pm, Monday thru Friday: Saturday, from 10am to 4:30pm, and Sundays between 10:00am to 12 Noon, Rotating Weekends. This position will rotate Holidays also.