Administrative Assistant - HSHS Medical Group, Decatur, IL
Provides administrative/secretarial support and general assistance to the assigned department leader or Executive within
HSHS Medical Group.
1. High School Graduate required, Associate Degree with concentration in Administrative Assistant/Office Professional, preferred.
2. Three to five years of secretarial experience required.
3. Demonstrated ability in MS Office applications
4. Ability to operate office equipment such as fax, and photocopier required.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Excellent organizational skills.
1. Performs general clerical duties including word processing, filing, faxing, copying, etc. for the assigned manager/director and/or staff in the department.
2. Provide accurate, efficient data input and perform basic mathematical computation using MS Excel spreadsheets or other software.
3. Answers telephone, screens calls and takes accurate messages for assigned department personnel. Verifies that personnel receive their messages.
4. Provides backup telephone support for other departments to ensure accurate coverage.
5. Maintains an up-to-date and organized file system for office correspondence, records, reports, meeting minutes, etc.
6. Opens, reviews and distributes interoffice and external mail. Priority items are handled in accordance with department policy.
7. Coordinates schedules and appointments for department personnel as needed including scheduling meetings and making room arrangements. Implements changes in schedules with applicable persons.
8. Coordinates and implements all aspects of on-site meetings including the ordering, pickup, serving, and cleanup of food and beverages.
9. Makes travel arrangements including confirmation of airline, hotel and ground transportation as needed.
10. Prepares minutes of meetings including related reports and follow-up action.
11. Monitors and orders office supplies for the department as needed.
12. Assists other members of support staff to ensure even distribution of workload and shares in tasks assigned.
13. Supports the mission, philosophy and goals of Hospital Sisters Health System.
14. Reflects behaviors and conduct consistent with religious sponsorship and the articulated values of Hospital Sisters Health System.
15. Abides by the rules and standards that are set by and govern Hospital Sisters Health System.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.