The Payment Posting Representative is responsible for posting electronic and “paper” payments from third-party payers, government agency payers and patients in a timely and accurate manner. This position is responsible for posting adjustments applicable to third-party and government agency payments in strict compliance with contract terms and/or government regulations and for notifying appropriate areas when payments and/or adjustments are not in compliance with contract terms and/or government agency regulations.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. Minimum of 1 year of medical office cash/adjustment line item posting required.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in 10-key calculator functions required
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office basic applications required
5. Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/CMS Requirements
6. Demonstrated ability with attention to detail and accuracy
7. Good organizational and time management skills
8. Good verbal and written communication skills
1. Posts payments based on explanation of benefits (EOBs) from insurance companies and government agencies in an accurate and timely manner in the applicable PM system
2. Posts patient payments in an accurate and timely manner to the appropriate line item charge in the applicable PM system
3. Posts adjustments in an accurate and timely manner in the applicable PM system
4. Communicates payment variances from third-party and government agency payers to the Transaction Supervisor in a timely manner
5. Performs batching and reconciliation work flows as defined in HSHSMG PFS policy and procedure
6. Researches and resolves “unapplied and/or unidentified” payments to ensure monies are properly distributed among HSHSMG providers
7. Transfers payments to HSHSMG PFS as necessary and follows appropriate transfer out procedures
8. Processes zero pay EOBs & refers them to appropriate HSHSMG PFS resources for follow-up and resolution
9. Performs work flows in a productive and effective manner as defined by PFS policies and procedures
10. Complies with HSHSMG PFS quality and production standards
11. Adheres to HSHS procedures and policy, fosters respect for patient privacy, promotes customer service, and interacts appropriately with others
12. Applies the core values of Care, Joy, Respect and Competence in daily work to patients, co-workers, physicians
13. Performs other duties as assigned by management