Executive Director of Hospital Based Services - HSHS Medical Group
General Description: The Executive Director of Hospital Based Services represents the medical and administrative leadership for the HSHS Medical Group Hospitalist programs. The Executive Director’s leadership establishes the foundation for all aspects of the delivery of hospitalist and intensivists services.
Current unrestricted Illinois State Medical License. May be requred to obtain unrestricted Wisconsin State Medical License.
Eligible to maintain membership and privileges on the medical staff of the hospital or hospitals designated by HSHS Medical Group.
Current board certification in Internal Medicine.
Extensive training and/or experience in hospital medicine.
Certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support required.
Required to obtain certification in American College Physician Executives (ACPE) leadership within 2 years from date of hire.
Eligible for professional liability insurance.
Ability to travel up to 30% throughout Illinois & Wisconsin.
- Actively participate in the professional development and growth of each individual Provider. Complete monthly random documentation reviews with proactive sharing with each provider to ensure performance is continually improving.
- Review on a regular basis the latest release of Joint Commission standard policies, procedures and medical protocols regarding patient care. Reviews are to be documented on a consistent basis.
- Ensures that the hospitalist/intensivists program adheres to policies, service expectations, growth and quality monitoring expectations of the host hospital where services are being provided
- Regularly assess physician customers’ perceptions as to the performance of the program to ensure a harmonious working relationship to include teamwork and communication.
- Responsible for hiring decisions, coaching, and any disciplinary actions for direct reports.
- Provides direct patient care in Hospitalist program, required to work a predetermined number of shifts.
- Ensures host hospital contract stability and optimal contract management to include profitability and performance growth as reported on balance score card.
- Responsible for the operation efficiency of the hospitalist program, including proper budget adherence, billing, staffing, balance score card metrics and annual goals/objectives.
Marketing and Growth
- Accountable for the growth of existing and new business opportunities for the hospitalist program at HSHS affiliated and non-affiliated hospitals, and other organizations along the continuum of care; such as Long Term Care facilities, skilled nursing facilities, etc. Meets or exceed growth goals annually.
- Represent HSHS Medical Group at requested community functions, presentations, and meetings/forums to include host hospital events.
Assist with development and administration of quality improvement programs.
Oversee compliance with managed care requirements, including timely and appropriate medication formulary utilization and specialist referrals.
- Develops and administers policies related to timely patient care, patient transfers and patient referrals. Ensures all are adhered by staff.
- Accountable for reviewing, investigating and reporting all complaints concerning providers arising from patients, medical staff and/or host hospital administration. Collaborates with Medical Group Risk and Compliance Services including active and current communication with Medical Group CEO.