It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Category:||Professional Nursing/Physician Assistant|
|Facility:||Hurley Medical Center|
|Department:||Labor & Delivery|
|Hours:||Varies (seven 8-hour shifts per pay period)|
GENERAL SUMMARY: Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Graduation of an accredited (or pre-accredited) school of nurse midwifery.
· Successful completion of or eligibility to take certification exam given by the ACNM certification corporation (ACC).
· Ability to communicate in oral and written formats.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and their families, physicians, Medical Center staff, and the general public.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· Current Michigan licensure as a registered nurse.
· Eligibility for Michigan specialty certification for nurse midwifery
NOTE: Incumbents must successfully complete the ACC exam within two attempts to obtain Michigan specialty certification (license) nurse midwifery in order to maintain employment as a nurse midwife.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified.