It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT|
|Facility:||Hurley Medical Center|
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general direction of the Executive Vice President and General Counsel or designee who reviews work primarily through conferences and reports. When appropriate, reports to the Board of Managers.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Exercises complete supervision of employees assigned to internal auditing functions.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Baccalaureate degree with sixteen (16) semester hours or twenty-four (24) quarter hours in accounting.
· Four (4) years of full-time, paid auditing experience as a staff accountant/auditor in either a health care setting or C.P.A. firm, or as an internal auditor in a commercial firm, two (2) years of which must be in a supervisory capacity preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of auditing and accounting principles and procedures as applied to commercial, costs, and fund accounting.
· Knowledge of health care regulations affecting compliance.
· Demonstrated ability with computers and computer applications such as data bases, spreadsheets, graphics.
· Ability to read and interpret laws, regulations and policies as they pertain to hospital operations and reimbursement by third-party insurance carriers.
· Ability to prepare accurate and detailed technical reports.
· Ability and willingness to maintain effective working relations with Medical Center and Hurley affiliated staff, governmental agencies, third-party payers, and the general public.
· Ability to express ideas logically, cogently, and persuasively orally and in writing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.