It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|NURSE MANAGER - Bachelor - (8037/8308/8035)|
|Facility:||Hurley Medical Center|
|Hours:||8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
Bachelor's of Nursing
GENERAL SUMMARY: Maintains overall responsibility and accountability for management and clinical activities on assigned Nursing unit/area. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Ensures compliance with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior and Management Code of Conduct.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of a Vice President, Administrator, or designee.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Exercises full supervision over Nurses and ancillary Nursing personnel assigned to the unit/area.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration or Management related field will be considered. Applicants with a Diploma of Nursing or Associates Degree in Nursing, please see Special Note.
· Five (5) years of professional nursing experience including at least three (3) years in the clinical sub-class.
· Knowledge of general nursing principles and practices.
· Knowledge of medications and treatments.
· Knowledge of materials, supplies, and equipment required.
· Knowledge of training and supervisory techniques.
· Knowledge of employee policies and procedures.
· Ability to instruct, direct, and evaluate employees.
· Ability to assess the effectiveness of nursing care.
· Ability to maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence.
· Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
· Ability to work harmoniously with patients; patient families; physicians; medical center staff; Federal, State, Local, and accreditation agencies, and the general public.
· Current Michigan licensure as a Registered Nurse.
Incumbents possessing a Diploma or Associates Degree must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree program in one of the above qualifying areas. Degree must be completed within two (2) years from date of permanent appointment to this classification. Failure to attain a qualifying Bachelor or Master’s degree shall result in the employee’s termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.