5-7 years of experience required
The Practice Manager II works with the Site Medical Director (SMD) to maintain office standards by supervising day to day operations of assigned sites to ensure efficient, fiscally responsible and customer responsive procedures and operations. Oversees appointment schedules, front office and patient waiting areas to ensure efficient patient flow and good customer service.
Maintains knowledge of IHA human resource, billing and managed care department services to respond to employee and customer needs appropriately.
Develops and maintains office policies, protocols, and procedures. Recruits, selects, trains/orients and supervises office personnel. Evaluates the performance of office staff and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions and maintains a teamwork environment with a high level of employee morale. Works closely with office staff to develop and implement performance goals and objectives Communicates thoroughly and promptly with office staff and physicians regarding IHA and office issues impacting day to day operations.
Works with appropriate leadership to develop operational plans and budgets and maintains profit margins at agreed upon levels while ensuring development and implementation of plans to meet quality and financial goals. Manages the practice consistently and identifies then investigates any budget plan variances. Reviews and develops site financial and operating performance reports.
Attends and communicates issues effectively at Management and IHA meetings, supports and implements Management Committee initiatives, and communicates effectively with IHA personnel and other site managers to ensure coordinated efforts.
Reviews patient satisfaction survey findings and provides leadership in the development and implementation of improvement plans. Maintains compliance with government and reimbursement requirements and with clinic standards of care.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
2. At least Five (5) years of high level Healthcare supervisory experience required, with prior experience working in a Family or Internal Medicine practice.
3. Healthcare administration knowledge required (i.e. fiscal practices, human resource techniques, administration systems).
4. Ability to analyze and interpret various complex data and/or reports.
5. Ability to establish priorities, recommends solutions, and coordinate weekly activities.