Bachelors degree is required
Experience is required
OUR MISSION: Our mission is to provide high quality health services that improve the lives of all we serve.
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Urgent Care Director is responsible for the planning, growth, and operational management of the Urgent Care Service Line. These activities include; directing the day-to-day activities of practice sites by providing operational management and oversight including strategic planning and delivery along with close fiscal management of practices. Responsible for maintaining and enhancing patient/customer service satisfaction scores; achieving budget, organization and personal fiscal year goals. Plans, manages, and implements the comprehensive marketing and communication strategy for assigned practices. He/she shall address and resolve all issues pertaining to practice operations in accordance with established budgets and policies and procedures. He/she shall demonstrate visibility and build trust among all IMG/Urgent Care team members and with physicians under management; manage and develop human resources of the practices; promote the use of information technology and systems; participate in the IMG goals; establish and maintain budgets for practices; implement new clinical and other programs; integrate newly acquired physician practices into IMG;
A. Education: BA or BS. Candidates with relevant advanced degrees preferred.
B. Experience: At least five years of health care experience including four or more years of progressively responsible experience in a medical practice or healthcare service.
- Strong, demonstrated interest and competency in operational aspects of physician practices.
- Established competency in implementing benchmarks and performance measures.
- Strong analytic skills, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and computer skills
- Possess the verbal ability to interpret and explain medical practice policy to employees.
- Possess the tact necessary to deal effectively with patients, third party payors, hospitals, physicians, and employees. Is able to motivate employees within the environment.
- Possess the ability to think clearly and to make judgmental decisions in initiating business office, marketing, and managed care related policy.
Manages the fiscal resources of the department in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization by:
- Preparing timely budgets consistent with the financial plan.
- Efficiently managing resources, labor, services, supplies, materials, communication/data, and space.
- Identifying opportunities to improve performance e.g. utilization of resources (overtime, supplies), variances
- Analyzing work processing and removing inefficiencies. Reduces re-work and wasted materials/resources.
- Involving staff in cost containment
Demonstrates visibility and builds trust among team members; seeks opportunities to reward and recognize staff, fosters strong team cohesiveness within own area of responsibility.
· Creating an environment that yields efficient and effective work processes
· Clearly defining roles and relationships within the team; cultivating, strong working relationships among its members.
· Providing direct feedback to others; responds to staff issues quickly and directly.
· Empowering staff to share in decisions that affect their practice, recognizes the value of their contributions
· Keeping projects on track/ working with team to eliminate or minimize barriers. Addresses obstacles as they arise; coaches to minimize impact.
Manages and develops human resources consistent with organizational values, guidelines, regulatory agencies, established contracts and legal requirements by:
· Coaching for success and improvement
· Promotes collaborative interdisciplinary teamwork, open communication, and responsible self-direction within and outside the department.
· Evaluate operational and management issues and take timely and effective action to resolve them.
· Provide leadership in support of performance management systems and other infrastructures needed for managers and staff.
· Provide leadership skills in selecting and retaining competent and caring personnel.
· Empower employees to give constructive feedback on all levels of staff.
· Ensuring that staff qualifications are consistent with job responsibilities: job descriptions reflect accurately performance expectations and requirements
· Following human resources guidelines for recruiting, hiring, orientation, managing performance, and participation in workplace activities and services.
· Exercising discretion and astuteness during the interview and hiring process
· Evaluating performance and competency to perform job duties within prescribed timeframes
· Participating in the development and orientation of direct reports, managers and staff
· Providing regular and constructive feedback. Offers negative feedback privately, respects confidentiality at all levels.
29 * Drive the planning, growth, and operational management for assigned service line.
- Adapt staffing patterns to meet patient/customer/client needs, based on available staffing, strategic objectives, and established priorities.
- Work with Senior Management in organizational strategic planning, fostering the values and supporting the objectives of the organization.
- Plan, develop, and execute service line marketing plans that will result in profitable new volumes for the practices.
- Provide leadership in developing the strategic, business, and quality improvement plans for the service lines.
· Partners with corporate marketing department to ensure consistency and uniformity in branding standards and graphic identity.
· Integrates outside physician offices into the larger organization including medical records, systems, staff and workflow.
- Accomplishes recognized objectives through the establishment of collaborative relationships with physicians, senior staff members, and patients
* Ensures profitability through revenue and expense management.
Establishes business goals for the practices within their service line and will be held chiefly accountable for meeting these goals.
Establishes budget control and cost reduction of the service lines.
Ensures daily operational procedures are followed, including, but not limited to: charge entry, follow-up on missing charge report, co-pay and TOS self-pay collections, edit reports, deposit and cash reconciliation, statistical reporting.
Serves as primary liaison for Service Line to the MSO Billing Department.
Approves all check requests for payment from offices.
Prepares daily/weekly/monthly statistical reports on time, and in required format.
Actively participates in Employee Safety Management programs.
Available on Holidays, Weekends and after hours as a resource for the practices.
*Handles Questions and Complaints
Maintains a calm and pleasant tone of voice at all times.
Returns all calls within one business day on most instances.
Greets people with a smile, inquires as to their needs and directs them appropriately.
Refers issues as appropriate.
*Prioritizes Work Activities
Flexible in responding to unexpected changes in work assignments.
Remains calm under pressure
Willing to help out at critical times.
Willing to adapt personal schedule when needed to resolve problems and/or finish tasks.