Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Experienced candidates preferred.
Indiana University Health's mission is to improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in care, education, research and service.
Core Values are;
· A patient's total care including mind, body & spirit
· Charity, equality and justice in healthcare
· Leadership in health promotion and wellness
· An internal community of mutual trust and respect
· Excellence in education for healthcare providers
· Quality of care and respect for life
· Excellence in research
Works with physicians to provide professional and administrative services including, but not limited to comprehensive medical care of patients by diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic health conditions. Design a plan of care, with the patient, to promote, maintain and/or restore health. Participate in on-call coverage, medical direction to (staff) individuals providing direct patient care, assist in the education of staff in the delivery of patient services, and assist in responsibility for the supervision of the overall professional and clinical aspects of care rendered at the practice site. Perform other Nurse Practitioner/Physician's
Assistant services as may be required by IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· The right person for this organization will be solution oriented and work well in a team environment
· Participates in clinical/office/departmental process improvement and the implementation of activities that improve or maintain quality of care while reducing cost or increasing revenue.
· Provides coordination of health care delivery typically in an outpatient capacity.
· Takes steps to assure that the patient progresses appropriately through the continuum of care.
· Works collaboratively within a team of medical professionals, including physicians and nurses. Manage medications, provide education, or take other actions as needed. May include the identification of resources that support self-management, such as mental and behavioral health services, social services, dietician services, fall prevention, prenatal care, and medication and drug therapy management provided by a pharmacist.
· Coordinates and provides patient education and patient disease management, for patients with chronic conditions. Coordinates recommended lifestyle modifications, management for weight loss, tobacco cessation, and stress management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be able to use a computer with Windows programs and function in a practice management and electronic medical record environment, including hospital systems.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent analytical skills, and excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
· Must possess clinical knowledge facilitating appropriate inquiry related to patient care
Education and Experience:
· Nurse Practitioner license or related master's degree as required.
· BLS or higher current certification is required within 60 days of hire.
· Constantly: Walking, Using a computer, Lifting/Carrying up to 10 pounds, Pushing/Pulling up to 10 pounds
· Frequently: Bending/Stooping, Reaching, Twisting, Lifting/Carrying up to 25 pounds, Pushing/Pulling up to 25 pounds
· Occasionally: Sitting, Climbing Stairs, Kneeling/Squatting
· Rarely: Lifting/Carrying greater than 25 pounds, Pushing/Pulling greater than 100 pounds
· Potential exposure to body fluids in the course of work requires the use of personal protective equipment as needed.
This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs change.
Job Family – Direct Patient Care
· Commitment to Purpose and Preeminence - Demonstrates a commitment to Indiana University Health's mission, vision and values supporting organizational decisions and behaviors. Contributes to the development and implementation of systems and processes ensuring strategic goal attainment. Actively participates, models and supports work aligned with the five pillars (Quality & Safety, People, Education & Research, Growth & Finance, and Service). Actively participates, models, and supports positive behaviors and transparent communications.
· Developing Expertise - Takes action to continue to develop and acquire new expertise that is of increasing value to the organization.
· Relationships, Conversation and Collaboration - Works as part of a team with others, and shows respect and values diversity toward others.
· Service Orientation - Demonstrates efforts to discovering, meeting and advocating for the customer's needs.
· Excellence Orientation - Takes actions to continually improve quality and safety in daily work. Actively participates in improving work processes to meet and exceed customer requirements. Identifies opportunities for improvement based on process observation, outcome measures, and feedback from patients and other customers. Reports errors in a timely and appropriate manner. Takes initiative and is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining annual TB testing, completing annual mandatory's, and maintaining current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to position requirements.
· Problem Solving - The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces or tracing the implications in a step-by-step way.
· Initiative - The identification of a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and proactively taking action to address current or future problems/opportunities.
· Impact and Influence - The ability to persuade, convince, influence, or impress others (individuals or groups) in order to get them to go along with or to support one's opinion or position. The key is to understand others, since Impact and Influence is based on the desire to have a specific impact or effect on others.
· Organizational Awareness - The ability to understand and learn the influence relationships in one's own organization or in other organizations (e.g., key stakeholders, suppliers, etc.). This includes the ability to identify who the real decision makers are; the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within Indiana University Health.
· Self-Confidence - A belief in one's own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem. This includes confidence in one's ability as expressed in increasingly challenging circumstances and confidence in one's decisions or opinions.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.