Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
We are looking for Registered Respiratory Therapists who are passionate about challenging and significant work for the good of every patient. We are searching for individuals who are compassionate, serve with a purpose, are dedicated to supporting their team, and who seek excellence every day. Are you excited about the chance to be a part of a dynamic organization and team?
This position is based in our University Hospital and will have rotations at Methodist Hospital. Responsible and accountable for the administration of comprehensive respiratory care to patients. Appropriately detail the therapy provided and advise medical staff on appropriate types of therapeutic modalities.
Potential shifts are Full Time Nights, Weekends, and PRN.
- Requires current license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner from the state of Indiana.
- Requires graduation from a CoARC (Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) and regionally accredited respiratory care program.
- Requires that the N.B.R.C. (National Board for Respiratory Care) registry exam be passed within 13 months of hire date.
- The 13-month requirement for the RRT is void if hire date is one year past graduation date.
- Requires Healthcare Provider Certification. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to deal with confidential patient information.
- Preferred ACLS; PALS; and/or NRP certification.
- Requires basic computer skills and ability to work with EMR.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
- Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
- Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
- A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
- At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
- With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
- IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.