Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
This position gathers charge information and enters it into the billing system accurately and in a timely manner.
This is a supplemental position with no more than 24 hours per week. Hours included: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings.
- Responsible to challenge unauthorized individuals from viewing such confidential patient or employee information or accessing restricted areas.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires two years experience in medical insurance billing in a healthcare or insurance organization.
- Requires working knowledge of medical billing practices and clinical policies and procedures.
- Requires working knowledge of CPT and ICD medical coding.
- Requires demonstrated ability to operate a ten-key adding machine by touch.
- Requires ability to operate personal computer and familiarity with various software applications.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. .
- Requires attention to detail with accuracy for extended periods of time under strict time constraints.
- Requires analytical skills to help identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Requires attending on-going educational programs to ensure current and accurate industry knowledge.
- Requires highest level of professional behavior in manner, appearance and communication pursuant to department guidelines.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality of any patient or employee medical, financial or personal information; including records and data to which there is access.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.