Emergency Medical Tech (EMT)
No Experience required
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Join LifeLine's Communications team as a Communications Specialist! Our advanced phone system disperses call volume throughout the center to call takers to help ensure calls are triaged appropriately. Communication Specialists collaborate with the referring provider to assign the appropriate level of care and mode of transport. Innovative satellite tracking capability allows our Communications team to connect with crew members and watch each transport for real time status updates. Contribute to the meaningful work of the LifeLine team in providing customized, thorough patient care.
*This posting is for future hires*
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Learn more about working at IU Health and see what the IU Health Way is all about.
- Requires excellent communication skills; in-depth knowledge of communication equipment and technology; and knowledge of transport responsibilities in order to give and receive critical information accurately.
- Completes clinical rotations or operational experiences as assigned and by the completion due date.
- Ability to type a minimum of 20-30 words per minute.
- Ability to work with computer programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, and our CAD system.
- EMT certification preferred
- Dispatch/EMS communications experience preferred
- Required post-hire:
- May require Certified Flight Communicator certification or equivalent training within 18 months of hire; Must maintain current certification by completing required continuing education courses.
- Requires successful completion of a dispatch orientation program upon hire.
- Remains current and active in the profession and the medical transport industry.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.