Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
As a part of our frontline infection prevention team, this position continuously provides the best care and service to not only our patients, but our customers, colleagues, and the communities that we serve by ensuring a clean and orderly environment to all who come through our doors. Our Housekeepers play an important role in cleaning and sanitizing a variety of spaces in our facilities including, but not limited to: patient units (which may include removing refuse and soiled linens), office areas, clinics, treatment/procedural areas, and public spaces using various supplies and cleaning equipment. If you are seeking a role where your efforts will enhance the lives of our patients and employees, we want to hear from you.
As part of an award winning hospital system, our roles include:
- Excellent benefits for part time and full time positions
- Competitive pay
- Development opportunities & tuition reimbursement
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Requires the ability to clean areas that require technical cleaning including IR/Cardiac Cath/Mother-Baby/NICU/OR/ED.
- Requires the ability to operate light floor equipment for cleaning floors in patient care areas.
- Must be able to lift and transport patients in case of emergency.
- Physical requirements to include: reaching, standing for long periods of time, squatting, bending, carrying and/or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 35 lbs. or more, up to 80% of the time.
- Requires the ability to climb ladders.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment/clothing required by the environment or government regulations such as gowns, gloves, goggles, rubber-soled closed-toe footwear, etc.
- No experience required.
Learn more about an EVS role at IU Health!
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.