High School Diploma/GED
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Coordinates the efficient flow and processing of work order requests, preventative maintenance tasks, and the assignment and direction of technicians within the area. Oversees inspections, repairs and installations related to utility systems, including plumbing, electrical, HVAC and power. Identifies and coordinates the purchase of materials needed to complete work orders. Assures technicians have resources by initiating vendor and contractor selection. Facilitates education programs for the team. May perform scheduled and non-scheduled preventive maintenance, responding to dispatched general maintenance calls, and troubleshooting/repairing secondary utility systems of buildings, plumbing, air-conditioning, electrical and air systems. Coordinates functions with other services and departments. Trains technicians on various skills and tasks. Acts as a resource or mentor to technicians and provides general leadership to the team. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's Degree in applicable discipline preferred.
- May require a valid Indiana driver?s license with proof of insurance.
- Requires advanced knowledge of specialized areas including electrical secondary systems, plumbing systems, fire system devices, HVAC and power.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret information from complex blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
- Requires extensive knowledge of applicable building codes related to healthcare.
- Requires knowledge of various federal, state, local, OSHA, Life Safety and Joint Commission codes and regulations.
- Requires advanced knowledge in the use of specialized tools.
- Requires basic computer skills.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- May require specialized certification based on area or makeup of team.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.