Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
This position exists to be responsible and accountable for the delivery of comprehensive hospital based respiratory care services within a collaborative, multidisciplinary patient care team structure. This position maintains proficiency in neonatal, pediatric, and adult care techniques, as appropriate.
- Requires current Indiana certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Basic Life Support certification required within 1 month of hire or upon completion of departmental orientation.
- ACLS certification required.
- Other advanced life support certifications may be preferred per unit/department specialty focus.
- Requires graduation from a CoARC accredited respiratory care program.
- Requires A.S. degree in Respiratory Care or R.R.T.
- This position requires that the N.B.R.C. registry exam be achieved within two years post-graduation.
- Knowledge of/experience in all phases of respiratory care involving adult, pediatric, and critical care (Adult, NICU).
- Participation in ongoing departmental education and in-service programs.
- Participation in cross training.
- Ability to apply complex technical knowledge in order to effectively utilize all types of respiratory care equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology as it applies to all modes of therapy.
- Ability to communicate directions and to assess needs for/ and to facilitate the learning of others.
- Basic computer skills.
Learn more about working at IU Health.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.