Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
IU Health Ball Memorial is looking for a full time Pharmacy Technician to join their Family Healthcare Pharmacy! Under pharmacist supervision, supports the pharmacy department in one or more of the following areas: inventory, preparation, distribution, compounding, processing of medications and supplies, specialty medications, and medication histories. Assists with all functions required for medication processing including answering telephones, taking refill orders, entering orders into system, preparing the medication for pharmacist check, preparing medications for disbursement/shipment/delivery. Key job duties may consist of handling supplies, stocking prepackaged items, maintaining inventory, delivering supplies, maintaining records, distributing supplies. May assist in bulk compounding and preparation of I.V. solutions. Works with pharmacy staff to minimize the potential for medication errors. Exercises sound judgement, anticipates potential issues and challenges in common situations and applies standard policies and procedures to determine solutions or escalation.
Are you a Pharmacy Technician looking to grow your career with a nationally recognized organization? Apply today!
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Requires Indiana Pharmacy Technician License OR intern/extern license if enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Technician National Certification required unless enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
- 2+ years relevant experience preferred.
- Requires the absence of criminal history related to the ability to work with drugs.
- Requires strong mathematical calculation skills.
- Requires working knowledge and skills as a pharmacy technician in assigned areas and ability to work within established procedures under moderate supervision.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires effective customer service skills.
- Requires intermediate proficiency typing and using Microsoft Office applications.
Learn more about working at IU Health!
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.