Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Under the supervision of the Service Line Administrator or Practice Administrator, this position plans and directs the operational activities of the medical practices and is responsible for the day-to-day oversight/management of the staff to include both clinical and clerical employees. The position acts as primary point of contact responsible and accountable for the coordination and communication of information within the practice, among other practices, and to administration. A Team Leader, Supervisor, Coordinator, Clinic Manager, or Clinical Nurse Manager who reports to this position, may be assigned to oversee the clinical or front office staff.
- Requires a Master's degree in Health Care Administration or a Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or health care related field with a minimum of 2 years of concurrent management experience within an ambulatory/physician practice setting.
- A minimum of 6 years management experience in an ambulatory/physician practice setting in lieu of degree or a combination thereof may be accepted.
- Requires knowledge in business applications.
- Requires ability to plan and manage the utilization of resources.
- Requires ability to facilitate and lead work groups.
- Requires ability to apply IU Health Physician?s personnel policies and procedures.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires knowledge and ability to promote teamwork and build effective relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Requires ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring timely results.
- Requires ability to take initiative and meet objectives.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal; problem solving and analytical skill.
- Requires knowledge of IU Health Physicians and Private Practice Billing processes.
- Requires knowledge of Third party payer regulations.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.