Experience is required
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Responsible for supervision and monitoring of the Cardiovascular, Pulmonary and Special Population Rehabilitation Programs at Bloomington Hospital and all Satellite Clinics. Responsible for supervision of the CHF Center, Pacemaker Clinic and the ETC Fitness Center. The Rehab Department primarily serves an adult and geriatric population but may on occasion also serve adolescents and children. The CHF Center services adult and geriatric population, the Pacemaker Clinic may serve children, adolescent, adult and geriatric population and the ETC Fitness Center serves adult and geriatric members.
- American Heart Association ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification required.
- For Registered Nurse applicants, ANCC certification in cardiovascular nursing or nursing leadership is required within 18 months of hire.
- For a Masters prepared exercise physiologist, ACSM Clinical Exercise Physiologist certification is required.
- For an RN, an Indiana RN license is required.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Nursing leading to licensure as a Registered Nurse required or Masters Degree in Health or Exercise Science (or closely related field), with experience in the Clinical Cardiopulmonary Rehab setting (or) Bachelor's Degree in Health or Exercise Science (or closely related field) with two years experience in the clinical Cardiopulmonary Rehab setting.
- Cardiac monitoring experience preferred (i.e. Cardiovascular, Critical Care or Emergency Nursing).
- Ability to be flexible in daily work assignments, possibly performing several tasks concurrently.
- Errors in regards to patient care could result in serious and even life-threatening situations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interface with staff, patients, and families, physicians and other Hospital personnel.
- Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.