Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
We are an organization that is driven by our values: purpose, excellence, compassion and team. These values guide our actions every day and describe how we will achieve our vision.
We are seeking a dynamic nursing leader to join our team and lead this nationally-renowned program. About the Emergency Medicine & Trauma Center at the IU Health Adult Academic Health Center:
- First Level 1 Trauma Center in Indiana
- Fast paced, urban environment with 96,000+ visits per year
- ENA Lantern Award Recipient
- Unique programs including Indiana's first mobile stroke unit
- Community involvement through relationships such as the IU Health Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hospital
- Part of the 4 time ANCC Magnet Designated Adult AHC
- A robust shared leadership structure
What you can expect in the role:
- Opportunity to lead a vibrant team comprised of RNs, Paramedics, Emergency Technicians, Clinical Educator, Nurse Managers, and more.
- Provision of health care focused on evidence based practice, academic inquiry, quality outcomes, and patient experience.
- Creating a business and unit plan that ensures quality while utilizing available resources efficiently.
- Aligning the care center vision with the organization's mission, values, and excellence goals through a professional governance structure.
- Leading cultural change as a proven leader within the Emergency Department.
- Strong collaboration with a talented interprofessional team.
Indiana University Health is unlike any other healthcare system and we're looking for team members who share the things that matter most to us. People who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People motivated to do their best every day. People who are always ready to apply themselves. As one of Indiana's largest employers, our vision is to lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.
IU Health is among the top ten largest single-state nonprofit health systems in the United States. Through its 16 hospitals (a mix of urban, suburban and rural facilities), IU Health offers a full range of specialty and primary care services for children and adults. Statewide, IU Health has more than 2,600 staffed beds, $6.23 billion in net total operating revenue, and strategic service lines including cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatrics and transplant, that have received national recognition for quality patient care over the decades. IU Health has over 34,000 team members.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Requires current State of Indiana licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Requires Master of Nursing or related fields (e.g. Public Health; Health Administration; Business Administration) for new hires and promotions after August. Current incumbents who do not meet this minimum requirement must meet or exceed the essential function of the position.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.