Experience is required
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Learn more about working at IU Health
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, stores and distributes equipment, supplies, instruments and endoscopes used in patient care. Provides orientation and training to the Sterile Processing Staff. Utilizes advanced knowledge and skills to facilitate daily functions of the area in accordance with hospital and departmental policies, work instructions and guidelines.
- Requires some relevant experience in a healthcare environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Requires CRCST/CSPDT/CFER national certification or Certified Surgical Technologist obtained from the NBSTSA.
- Requires 18 CE credits annually that focus on information and advancement related to the CS field and be of a technical nature.
- Requires demonstration of advanced knowledge and skills identified as necessary to function as a Tech II.
- Requires the ability to serve as a preceptor for Sterile Processing.
- Requires successful completion of Perioperative Services Preceptor class and/or completion of 4 precepting eLMS modules and/or facility based preceptor training.
- Requires basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of Endo instrumentation function and maintenance is preferred.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.