Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
As a member the Absolute Return (Diversifier) team, the Investment Officer (IO) will be responsible for driving the selection, evaluation and ongoing assessment of external partners and investment opportunities within Absolute Return Strategies. In addition, the IO will independently monitor and report on industry trends, all while reporting to and working with the Director, Investments, (Director) to manage investment risks. The Absolute Return program is meant to provide diversification. It has the objective of generating attractive risk-adjusted real returns over the long-term that are largely independent from broader market moves. Diversifiers play a significant role in the overall IUH portfolio as an engine of alpha.
In consultation and collaboration with the Director, the IO will assist in the establishment of risk and asset class guidelines for external managers and the recommendation of investment partners. This includes assisting in the sourcing, researching, evaluation, negotiating, structuring and ongoing assessment of these investments. In addition, the IO will also perform related industry, strategy and market research, to find opportunities that offer prospectively attractive risk adjusted returns. Finally, the IO will assist in the preparation of reports and presentations to stakeholders as well as working with teams to ensure seamless monitoring of the portfolio regarding performance data, exposures and risk, legal and operations.
IUH has a small Investment team that believes strongly in collaboration. In addition to supporting the Absolute Return team, the IO will also collaborate with colleagues across the entire Investment team (e.g. Equity Strategies, Credit Strategies, Real Asset Strategies, Liquidity Pool, Risk, Operations and Legal).
Significant domestic and international travel
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA or MHA preferred
- Seven+ years of financial and operational analysis experience, with at least three years of experience in the healthcare industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills , Motivated and self-driven with continuous process improvement goal , A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential , Ability to work with other functional groups , Proficient in Microsoft Office products , Knowledge of US GAAP , Ability to be agile and thrive in a fast paced environment
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.