Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Provides optimal nutrition care at an advanced level for inpatients and outpatients, utilizing the Nutrition Care Process, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. The Nutrition Care Process includes nutritional assessment, nutrition diagnosis, nutrition intervention, and nutrition monitoring and evaluation. Incumbent also plans, organizes, implements and evaluates nutrition education individualized to the patient/client needs; precepts dietetics and other health professional students; independently orders diets, supplements and tube feedings as approved by Medical Staff Office at each facility. Practices at an advanced level as evidenced by performing a minimum of one of the following services on an ongoing basis: feeding tube placement; insulin adjustment; interdisciplinary development and implementation of nutrition care protocols; leadership in applied clinical research; management of nutrition support; g-tube education and training; development of new outpatient service lines; other to be determined by the IUH system Clinical Nutrition Managers. Provides leadership in at least one significant systems contribution initiative or project annually or publishes in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Master's Degree required in nutrition or closely related field or one of the following professional certifications: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or advanced CDE certification, Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC), All specialty certifications governed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), and others as approved by the IU Health Clinical Nutrition Managers.
- Requires registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Requires 5 years of relevant experience.
- Requires registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Certified Dietitian in the State of Indiana.
- Ability to develop medical care plans.
- Ability to develop interdisciplinary care protocols and lead interdisciplinary improvement initiatives. ,
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.